Monday, July 15, 2013

Celebrities I’ve seen at the Douala International Airport


I met Samuel Eto’o travelling to Europe on Air France and the whole of South Africa’s Bafana Bafana football team while at the door of the South African Airways aircraft. I’ve seen P-Square twice travelling with their band, a whole battalion of pidgin speaking Igbo boys. The first time I saw them, they were travelling with the singer, Flavour whom I later saw travelling with singer, Iyanya. I met makossa artist Petit Pays travelling to Yaounde on Camair-co. I also met the singer Chidinma and Cameroonian guitarist, Richard Bona. I took a photo with Richard Bona. Also, the lovely Stella Damasus Aboderin. She arrived almost late at the airport and was supposed to travel to Lagos on Air Nigeria. But that day, the flight had been overbooked and she was left behind because the passenger list was already too full. In disappointment, she made a dozen phone calls until the moment I left. I’ve seen the hoarse voiced actor, Alex Osaifor at the arrival hall. I took a pic with another actor, legendary Nollywood man, Kanayo O'Kanayo. While working on the ramp one day, I stumbled onto CAF president Issa Hayatou boarding an Air Nigeria plane. Speaker of the house of national asembly Cavaye Yegue Djibrill also flew on another Air Nigeria flight I was working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment